I am joined by Alicia Gowans who is the manager and head coach at Ally’s Angels which specialises in competition prep and fitness lifestyle coaching. Ally is also the 2 time Wbff fitness world champion, also Alicia holds a handful of degrees and qualifications including nutrition. Ally has a holistic approach to health, fitness and bodybuilding in order to help people create a stronger mindset and physique. This is a great conversation with lots of valuable advice whether you are new to fitness or a physique/bikini competitor.
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- Alicia’ journey to becoming 2 time Wbff World Bikini Fitness Champion.
- Alicia’ experience with breaking her back doing a Barbell squat and then going on the win her show weeks later.
- Our thoughts having competed with the Wbff and why competing with Wbff is such a great experience.
- How Alicia is getting shredded for the Wbff World Championships coming up.
- Why cardio is overrated for fat loss.
- Alicia’ rituals and healthy habits which help keep her in shape mentally and physically all year round.
- The right way to prepare for a show and how our body is effected when we diet down for a show.
- How Alicia discovered lifting weights and why sustainable health is sexy.
- Why online coach’s have no place coaching people virtually without having trained people in person.
- The world of negative body image issues, body dysmorphia and eating disorders.
- Character building and the power of never ending improvement.
- Switching your mindset for better results in the gym.
- The importance of the mind muscle connection for building muscle.
- The dark side of performance enhancing drugs within the bodybuilding world.
- Alicia’ recent experience with feeling down recently and the practices she implemented to overcome this episode.
We always talk about how the quality of your sleep is vital and should be a top priority, using blue light blocker glasses in the evening drastically improved my sleep quality. Head over to https://www.swanwicksleep.com/ and use discount code: OPTIMISEYOURBODY for 15% off all blue light blocker glasses.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
If you liked this episode then please share the love and head over to iTunes to give this podcast a rating and review, this is the best way for this podcast to reach more people and help them optimise their body. Also please share this podcast link to any friends or family who you think will benefit from this podcast, lets make this world a better place.
WHERE ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST