Andrew interviews me based on my experience having competed as a mens physique and fitness model competitor 8 times in total. At the time this podcast was recorded I was 3.5 weeks out from my upcoming physique competition where I will be competing for the 2nd time as a Professional level Wbff fitness model, so we also talk about my current preparation for this show. Andrew and I go deep on this episode and we talk a lot about the mental health issues we faced on our journey including body dysmorphia, the binge eating disorder and depression.
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- Why I decided to compete as a physique athlete and enter the world of competing.
- My battle with the binge eating disorder and the dark side of restrictive eating.
- Our experience with body dysmorphia and training from a young age because of insecurities.
- Why I have remained steroid free and how to build an admirable physique without steroids.
- The financial side of bodybuilding and how athletes get paid from the sport.
- How we overcame an extremely unhealthy relationship with food.
- How the binge eating disorder affected our mental health.
- Being driven by health vs being driven to maintain 6 pack abs.
- An insight into my current preparation for my bodybuilding comp in a few weeks time.
- The sacrifices I have made with my overall health during my current preparation for the Wbff Australian championships.
- OCD and orthorexia when it comes to training and nutrition.
- How to get lean and make important behavioural changes to improve overall health.
- My top tips for anyone who is thinking of competing.
Online coaching enquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
My instagram: @martinsilvafitness
Andrew’ instagram: @mrbondfitness
RATINGS & REVIEWS
If you liked this episode then please head over to iTunes to give this podcast a rating and review, this is the best way for this podcast to reach more people and help them optimise their body. Also please share this podcast link to any friends or family who you think will benefit from this podcast.
WHERE ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST