Top Tips for building an admirable set of abdominals.
- Nutrition- You need to be eating the right kinds of foods and burning more calories than you are eating to discover your abs. We all have an abdominal wall but this wall will not be visible if you are overeating.
- Ab Exercises- Abs are no different to any other body part so you have use weights and do weighted ab exercises to build them and make them more prominent at higher body fat percentages.
- Lift Weights Consistently- Consistent Weight training will shift body fat more than any other form of exercise because lean muscle will oxidise your body fat exposing your abs.
- Move More- Even if your nutrition is not the best you should aim to walk and move more on a daily basis to shift stubborn fat around your mid section. Invest in a wrist piece ie a fitbit and Aim for at least 10,000 steps a day.
- Squats and Deadlifts- Learn how to perform these 2 exercises with good form and this will transform your core. Squats and deadlifts should be the cornerstone of your training program and they should not be neglected at any cost.
Want to know more? Check out my podcast “My top tips for building your abs” and throughout the course of this episode I will teach you everything you need to know about building abs.