William Pullen practices psychotherapy in West London, UK and he is also a TEDx speaker. He specialises in individual therapy for adults and young people dealing with such issues as depression, motivation, anxiety, life changes, relationship problems, addiction. William suffered from depression himself and used running and outdoor group fitness to help him overcome these mental health ailments, this inspired him to develop his own app- Dynamic Running Therapy. You can find William’ TEDx talk on Youtube- Movement is medicine.
William’ Instagram- d_runningtherapy
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- How William helps people overcome mental health issues as a psychotherapist.
- William’s battle with depression and how he eventually used these hardships to benefit others.
- How human connection and exercise impacts our mental wellness.
- William’ experience as a therapist helping people overcome the feeling of constantly striving and expecting more out of life.
- The downside of constantly chasing a better looking physique.
- Orthorexia, obsessive behaviour, and the importance of having purpose in your life.
- The importance of novelty and variety in your life.
- William’ opinion on why we are facing a global mental health epidemic.
- Our view on social media and iphone addiction.
- Why focusing on your breathing and being present for a few minutes each day is so important.
- William’ describes why movement is medicine.
- How to get in shape physically and mentally.
We always talk about how the quality of your sleep is vital and should be a top priority, using blue light blocker glasses in the evening drastically improved my sleep quality. Head over to https://www.swanwicksleep.com/ and use discount code: OPTIMISEYOURBODY for 15% off all blue light blocker glasses.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
If you liked this episode then please share the love and head over to iTunes to give this podcast a rating and review, this is the best way for this podcast to reach more people and help them optimise their body. Also please share this podcast link to any friends or family who you think will benefit from this podcast.
WHERE ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST